Tuesday 9 July 2013

filmbore wants you! Choose the best from year 1 of the site.

filmbore wants you!

To celebrate the first year of filmbore, all of the 52 reviews on the site from May 2012 to June 2013 are in the running for a special Top 20, namely which are the best of the bunch.


Below are the films that I reviewed from day dot to the last month, every single one. I will be choosing what I believe are the best films that I reviewed over the year, some recent, some older, but I WANT YOU to choose the ones that you feel should be included in the running. If they aren't in my Top 20 so far, and your case is strong enough, I will strongly consider including them. If they are already up there, I will also consider moving them higher up the chart, but you'll have to convince me.

So, without further ado, here are the candidates:



May 2013

  • Run Lola Run (Germany)
  • The Imposter (UK)
  • Let The Right One In (Sweden)
  • V/H/S (United States)
  • A Tale Of Two Sisters (South Korea)

April 2013

  • Switchblade Romance (France)
  • Grabbers (Ireland)
  • Berberian Sound Studio (UK)
  • Amour (France)

March 2013

  • Sightseers (UK)
  • Tales Of The Night (France)
  • Beasts Of The Southern Wild (United States)
  • Rust And Bone (France/Belgium)
  • Twin Town (UK)

February 2013

  • Holy Motors (France/Germany)
  • Dead Man's Shoes (UK)
  • Searching For Sugar Man (UK/Sweden)
  • JCVD (Belgium)

January 2012

  • Bronson (UK)
  • Goodbye Lenin! (Germany)
  • The City Of Lost Children (France)
  • The Secret In Their Eyes (Argentina)

December 2012

  • Timecrimes (Spain)
  • Brick (United States)
  • Wild Bill (UK)
  • Breathing (Germany)

November 2012

  • Hidden (Austria/France)
  • Battle Royale (Japan)
  • Infernal Affairs (Hong Kong)
  • Pi (United States)
  • Once Were Warriors (New Zealand)

October 2012

  • The Raid (Indonesia)
  • Down Terrace (UK)
  • Avalon (Poland/Japan)
  • The Kid With A Bike (Belgium)

September 2012

  • A Room For Romeo Brass (UK)
  • The Devil's Backbone (Mexico/Spain)
  • Headhunters (Norway)
  • Waltz With Bashir (Israel)

August 2012

  • Bunny And The Bull (UK)
  • Brotherhood (South Korea)
  • Das Experiment (Germany)
  • Intacto (Spain)
  • Neds (UK)

July 2012

  • Troll Hunter (Norway)
  • Primer (United States)
  • A Town Called Panic (Belgium)
  • I'm A Cyborg, But That Okay (South Korea)

June 2012

  • Tell No One (France)
  • Kill List (UK)
  • Tyrannosaur (UK)
  • Cell 211 (Spain)

Get voting!


Comment below, tweet me @filmbore or email me directly at Top20@filmbore.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie

    I've not managed 52 or even 20 having two kids seems to have gotten in the way. I've actually only managed five,a very poor showing although I have 3 on hand still to watch. It was still a difficult choice though as I enjoyed them all. As always your reccomendations are always great.

    Dan

    Tyranasaur
    Headhunters
    Devils backbone
    Kid with the bike
    Bunny and the bull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic choices Dan, and some serious contenders. Logged and noted! :)

      Keep the comments coming peeps

      Delete